8.13.2011

Film Spotlight: Scarface (1983)



Did I mention the movie poster kicks ass as well?

By far one of my most favorite movies of all time, Scarface starring Al Pacino, is an electrifying story about a fresh off the boat Cuban who becomes entangled in the criminal underworld, dealing drugs, stealing, and money laundering.  Whats fascinating is the central character's increasing ego as the film progresses. For me, as a big fan of crime movies, had a long lasting effect on me as a Pacino fan. Plenty of guns, grit and glamor, the film was party the insprition for many crime films to follow. The film was also the main inspiration for the 2002 video game Grand Theft Auto: Vice City. Also of note, a video game was also made, based on the movie.

All in all, I recommend this film to people that love violent, action crime films like myself. Trust me, you will NOT and I repeat NOT be disapointed after watching this crime epic. The film also stars Michelle Phieffer, Steven Bauer, and Mary Elizabeth Mastrantonio. Written by Oliver Stone and directed by Brian De Palma, so YOU KNOW this is a killer flick. Check it out!
Internet Movie Database: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0086250/

19 comments:

  1. Who the hell doesn't love Scarface!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A movie with Alfredo James Pacino is always a success!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this movie, and I had forgotten that it was made so long ago. This was my favorite for awhile, it seems like hollywood today is saturated with bland movies now a days.

    ReplyDelete
  4. They don't make movies like that in these days.... sigh to the cliche and sigh to feeling old -_-'

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is one of the best gangster movies of all time, thanks for reminding me. There was also this video game that showed tha alternative ending and following story to the original Scarface. I find this movie terrific and - what is amazing - from what I can see lots of people find the story and portrayal of Tony Montana very inspiring - in a positive way.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Call me crazy, but I still haven't seen Scarface.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Have to say, for me this was one of the most overrated films. It didn't live upto the hype that surrounds it.
    Maybe if I saw it when it originally came out I would have enjoyed it, but everyone over did it when they persuaded me to watch it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Loosely quoting from memory: "I've only got two things in this world: my word and my balls and I don't break 'em for anybody!"

    Fantastic!

    ReplyDelete